Monday, April 2, 2012

Surprise up north...



After last weeks trip to the Far Rockaway end of the A train I decided to check out other ends of subway lines... Later that week I took the A train to its north end, but unfortunately didn't get any interesting images... Need to revisit that area at an other time... Today I took the 2 train to Wakefield 241 Street in the Bronx... Here are some images from my walk back to 3 Av - 149 Street... Strange that the clouds that I like so much pretty much disappeared after I actually started to make my way down... 

This image is pretty much the first one I took on this trip... I was very surprised to find that kind of church with this much space around within the 5 boroughs...


This should be a substation...


Some clouds were back in action... 


What an interesting shaped building...  Not really subway related, but still spotted on this trip...


Neat to see how the subway cuts through here...


I was wondering why this part of the street was that quiet... Well, as I found out a little later the street is closed further down by a parks department facility...


This is around  E 180 Street station... The 5 train splits off the 2 / 5 line here... I haven't quite figured out when the 5 is going to Nereid Avenue (2nd to last stop on th2 2 line) instead of Dyre Avenue, but I think that's the rush hour service...


Detail...


The light wasn't quite right, but I still loved the symmetry with the cloud...


Different bridge detail... Always fascinated by bridges...


Just loved the way it looked...


Earlier I had met a woman who worked at the parks facility mentioned earlier and she had mentioned this newly remodeled station... E 180 Street... Who would have thought that this is located in the Bronx?


Entering from the side of the station... Need to revisit in softer light...


Right outside of that station...


Further walking... 


Just love how the tracks are curving... And that building on the side...


This might be my favorite image of this trip... Crazy mix of textures and lines...


When I see hilly terrain I think pittoresque... Can't really help it... Must be me growing up in mostly flat lands...

No comments:

Post a Comment