Thursday, April 5, 2012

Good Friday, everybody!



This trip took me to the north end of the 6 line... Interesting that the location that spoke most to me was the cemetery at St. Peter's Episcopal Church on Westchester Avenue in the Bronx... How very fitting for this holiday...

I selected this image because just like the Calvary Cemetery in Queens neighbors the B(rooklyn) Q(ueens) E(xpressway) the subway is right next to this one... Death being a part of life... Or maybe just economical use of real estate?


I started my excursion of this location here and made my way around slowly, as I wanted to have the subway in the frame for most of my images...


Pretty close to the tracks...


Further back... Not quite as far as the title image though...


Possibly Whitlock Avenue station... Love the industrial buildings showing under there...


A little further south... The train is going underground... The sun was quite low and I was intrigued by the tree shapes being projected onto the whole scene... That's where I hid my shadow...



This was actually the first image that I took on this trip... Further north on Westchester Avenue at the train yard... Fascinated by the train leaving the main tracks... And the heavenly light streaming in!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment