Monday, May 2, 2011

Unusual subject: Ground Zero vigil

When the news filtered through that there was going to be a candle light vigil at Ground Zero I made sure that I got there a soon as possible... I usually don't do breaking news coverage, but I just had been asked to potentially do a story about Ground Zero on Friday, so I thought it was a good way of easing into the topic...



For me the most iconic image of the series...



One of only two people that actually brought candles... (At least from what I saw!)



Crowd facing Ground Zero.



Kids on phone booth.



Other person with candle...



People rotated on that phone booth as they were advised to get off it, that nobody got hurt...



Tailgate performance...



Girl(s) gone wild, Ground Zero Edition! ;)



View south...



Party people!



Interesting choice of wardrobe!



Soldier in uniform joins the festivities...



Capitalism at its best!

2 comments:

  1. these a very good photos. Thanks to Mona Eltahawy for linking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jackie! And thank you Mona! :) Both comment and linking are highly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete